Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sex drives



  It's funny because when you're single and sexually frustrated, you imagine the solution will be to get into a committed relationship so you can have sex all the time (or at least this was the way I imagined it when I was single for so many years).  The problem is when you're married and sexually frustrated because you have a higher sex drive then your husband.

Thank god for the internet and finding women who are experiencing the same thing to make me feel normal.  The truth of the matter is in pretty much every relationship I've been in I've usually had a higher sex drive then the man.  When I met my husband I told him about my high sex drive and of course he thought it was "cool".  Then as our relationship grew and we started living together the sex tapered off. I've been in a serious relationship before so I know how sex decreases as your relationship grows into more of a routine then an exciting new passtime.

However I was hoping we could even out to about 3 times per week and my husband can barely be prodded to do it once a week often times going 2 weeks or more between sex.  When we moved, we didn't have sex for a month, he was simply not in the mood and apparently the work and stress of moving was too much to make him horney.  I finally had to break down crying pointing out to him on a calendar how long it had been before he agreed to have sex with me again. 

I've talked to him about it and begged him to talk to his doctor. He refuses and says he doesn't have any kind of problem.  I tell him he's young and if his sex drive is this low when he's in his thirties imagine as time goes on!  He insists that doctors would only give him testosterone that could cause other problems for him and he doesn't want it.  I do understand that point, so I looked into a natural libido enhancer and found Maca, a root from Peru.  I have been trying so hard to get him to try this and so far he's been blowing me off. 

The problem is it's seen in our society as "normal" for a man to have a higher sex drive then a woman, but when it's reversed most men don't seem to want to talk about it.  I love my husband and certainly don't want to have sex with another person.  I just want him to want to have it a little more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment