Monday, June 10, 2013

Anonymous blogging

Who are you?
I'm going to tell the truth, this isn't my first anonymous blog. I started one a loooooooooooooooooonng time ago when I wasn't that much younger but I had a totally different life.  At the time I was frustrated and self loathing and involved with a married man (yes yes I know how horrible of a person must you be to be involved with a married man!) hence the anonymity.  I probably judged myself as harshly as anyone else did and did a lot of crying, sole searching and reflecting on the blog.  Probably didn't have many readers because let's face it?  You don't want to read about a depressed out girl who is involved with a jerk of a married man, who by the way was so not worth it.

The good news is on my own I ended things with him, did not tell his wife and moved on with my life.  I later seeked some therapy and worked through many issues I had apparently accumulated over the years that I'm sure got me in that jam in the first place - by the way if you're involved with a married man it's not love that got you there, promise.  By the time I met my husband the married guy was 86'd from my life and I had pretty much worked through a lot of the tough stuff and I stopped seeing my therapist shortly after we started dating. I felt like a new chapter in my life was opening up to all kinds of new possiblities and I have to say I partly had my anonymous blog to thank for that, and my therapist of course.

After I started this one though, I started reading up on a few bloggers who were "outed" from behind their curtain of namelessness in the blogosphere.  I wanted to know why a court would order google or anyone else to expose a blogger's identity. 

Here are some cases I came up with:

Virginia Montanez - Pitt Girl, she blogged crap about the local mayor, people wanted to find out who she was

Jeanne Devon - Talked a lot of shit about Sarah Palin probably all true but they wanted her to cut it out so they outed her

Ed Whelan - Pissed off a politician and got outed, I think we all see a trend here...

So bottom line don't talk a lot of shit about politicians or private detectives and you can probably keep yourself anonymous, the truth of the matter is most people don't really care if you're anonymous, they just start acting like they're still in high school when you point out their flaws, however true they may be (I'm sure every one of these politicians deserved to have shit talked about them!)


No comments:

Post a Comment